Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Late Night Knickers

Wrong Yatta.
Kids, I've been on the internet a long time. A long time. A very, very long time, from a century far far away. I remember watching viral videos before the term was coined. I remember watching video online before the proliferation of flash. RealPlayer, Shockwave, Quicktime plugins were all normal things to have installed in Firebird. To share things with your friends, you'd remember a random combination of keywords to type into Google or Yahoo to find a specific hilarious item, and call your classmates to your computer to check out these hamsters dancing to crappy MIDI music. Back in the day, we didn't have a Facebook, Tweeter, Tumblr, Digg, Reddit, or any of these services to share these things. Our social network was shoe-powered.

Props to Tumblr friend Pam for posting a single frame from one of the first "viral videos" I remember watching around 10 years ago or so. I don't know which one of my friends stumbled upon this, or even how, but it happened. Oh, did it happen.

I present to you, Yatta.

2 comments:

  1. Something wrong with those guys...regardless of where they come from...something very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. They did NOT spend enough of their budget on costumes. They have way too many house-washing Pars and intelligent lights.

    ReplyDelete