Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Jeggings Mobile

Run with me here.

My dad has worked for Chrysler longer than he's known my mom. Plus, we're from Detroit, so being a car guy is just sort of in the blood... and I will not reverse my apology for the love I have for my dear departed PT Cruiser.

The notion of "what car would I love to own" has changed constantly throughout the years. I've narrowed it down to two new vehicles that, if I had the money, I would buy today.


Dodge Challenger. Power-to-weight ratio be damned, I want to drive this piece of sex and call her my own. There, I said it.


Jeep Wrangler. Mostly for camping trips and winter driving, but yes, I do want this vehicle in or around my... garage.

But thinking about my personal preference for vehicles got me wondering what vehicle The Jeggings Blog would need to conduct our daily commute. 



The Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine.
This I feel is an obvious choice for the gang to drive around in. Spacious, maneuverable, and impervious to ghosts and the supernatural. There's even a dog painted on the side of the van for Rachel.


World War II DUKW (the Duck)
For the uninitiated, the DUKW is a multi-purpose utility vehicle, both amphibious and drivable on land. It's what we would build if Scott's conversion van stopped running, and we took the conversion cap off the top of it, flipped it over, and built around it. Also, who worries about miles per gallon when you can simply just boat your way to work? See, this plan is flawless.


TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle)
If there's one thing that The Jeggings Bloggers can agree upon, its going the extra stupid mile to get "the shot" (I refuse to state the term "money shot" here). On top of having a vehicle that could help us get every single stupid shot we could think of, the TIV would drive fear into the hearts of our enemies (pirates and black marketeers).


Smart Car Fleet
So they're not so smart... individually... but together what's the harm they could do? It could be awesome. A fleet of Smart Cars driven by The Jeggings Bloggers would be like a combination of The Italian Job and Fast Five, and I find nothing wrong with that. (Also, I have not seen these movies.)

Ice Cream Truck
Jeff's driving and always sells ice cream in the Ahhh-nold voice. I'm sure high school Janelle would purchase a Choco-Taco from this reputable family-run establishment on wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment