Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful for . . . an $8 Tgivz meal.

I am indifferent to Thanksgiving. I will not complain about getting two days off school and work and being served copious amounts of food and being induced into a pleasant food coma. It's not my favorite holiday, but it's nice enough.

However, I think I would love Tgivz 30x more if I was an international student. Why, you ask? Because while the rest of the lowly student body has to pay for a "Thanksgiving feast" in the RFoC at school, if you just so happen to have been born in NOT 'Murica, the "feast" is free.

I understand that many international students have never experienced American Thanksgiving . . . their first year at LTU. But after that? They just get to go freeload off of my tuition money and eat the turkey and stuffing that I paid for. While I am detained at the door and a somewhat haughty lady explains to me why I am undeserving of a free Thanksgiving meal and can she please have my card to swipe, thank you very much, international students are smugly taking helpings of candied yams and mashed potatoes.

(I hate candied yams, but you know, it's the PRINCIPLE OF THE THING.)

Why, oh WHY does the school seem to think that international students automatically receive a free meal, while the rest of us are left to pay $8? I'd be willing to bet that most of them have WAY more money than I do. Their governments also give the school buttloads of money. So what? I give the school buttloads of money too, and it's used to make subpar promotional material. I want a free meal, DAG NABBIT!




This post is dedicated to THIS guy, as he has been bothering me to write it for a very long 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment