Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Mouse turns 30!

Hi. My name is Jeff Wolka, I don't mean to nerd out.... but I will.

I would like to talk about our good friend, the computer mouse. It was 30 years ago today that the first commercially available mouse was released. Since then there has been many innovations in mouse technology. Here are the top 3 mouses that I have ever owned.

3.) THE MAGIC MOUSE
You see this thing? Yeah, that's a multi-touch surface (that means you can do some fancy things like scrolling without a mouse wheel/ball). Pretty fancy, right? OH it gets better. This guy is bluetooth. That's right. Wireless. This bad boy will set you back $69. See, Apple is classy like that. Worth the money. Buy it. Now.

2.) Logitech LX8

Do you like computers? Yes. Do you like games? Yes. Do you like computer games? YES. This mouse is, in my opinion, the best multipurpose wireless mouse on the market. It is comfortable due to the rubber grips on the side. It is also responsive, and that is a must for PC gamers such as myself. This guy will set you back around $19 on Amazon.

1. The Nyko AirFlo Mouse.

Do you suffer from sweaty hands like Janelle? Then this mouse is for you! I bought this mouse in 2003. It was marketed as a gamer mouse, because of those sweat inducing moments of tension in your games. Inside of this little guy is a silent fan that blows air out of the holes and onto your sweaty palms. Yeah, that's right. This mouse served me through Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, and Battlefield 2 (and we're talking about the original Call of Duty for the PC, not that Xbox crap). Unfortunately, the only place to find this guy is on ebay. Buy it. Do it NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment